Sussex Lions Club Events for 2013
July 12, 13 & 14
New this year
|Other Events this Summer||
Annual Car Show
August 3 & August 10
Annual Golf Outing
More details about these events coming soon!
Did you Know?
Lions are people who volunteer their time to humanitarian causes. Founded in 1917, our association’s motto is “We Serve”. Our 46,000 clubs and 1.35 million members make us the world's largest service club organization. We're also one of the most effective.
Worldwide, Lions clubs are recognized for their service to people who are blind and visually impaired. This service began when Helen Keller challenged Lions to become “knights of the blind in the crusade against darkness”. Today, Lions extend their commitment to sight conservation through countless local efforts, as well as through their international Sight First Program, which works to eradicate blindness.
Lions volunteer to take part in sight projects that have:
· Saved the sight of more than 15 million children by providing eye screenings, glasses and other treatments through Sight for Kids.
· Established or strengthened pediatric eye care centers that have helped more than 120 million children.
· Prevented serious vision loss for more than 30 million people worldwide.
· Improved eye care for 100 million people by training more than 650,000 eye care professionals and building 315 eye hospitals.
· Distributed more than 147 million treatments for river blindness.
· Provided nearly 8 million cataract surgeries.
Our members around the world are also actively involved in:
· Recycling eyeglasses at 17 centers worldwide. (One is here in WI)
· Supporting Lions Eye Banks that provide eye tissue for sight-saving surgeries. (One is in WI)
· Screening the vision of hundreds of thousands of people every year.
· Preventing blindness by providing treatment to those at risk of losing their vision.